One of the best things about the Royal Caribbean is that they have multiple dining options that stand them apart from others, especially for food lovers. For example, Royal Caribbean offers 3 types of dining facilities.
- Traditional Dining
- My time dining
- Specialty restaurants.
And in today’s guide, we will show you how to book your dining reservation on the Royal Caribbean – any of these.
All you need is to stick with us till the end.
How to Make “My Time” Dining Reservation on Royal Caribbean?
You might already know about traditional dining on a Royal Caribbean cruise, where you will get the same seating for each night.
For example, the Royal Caribbean usually offers 2 seating options in traditional dining. The first is known as “early,” around 5:30 Pm, and the second is “late,” around 8:00 Pm.
However, these timings could vary depending on the cruise and itinerary.
But, if you are someone who doesn’t prefer dining with everyone in the main hall or rather prefers eating any other time. ‘My time’ dining reservation is here to save you.
You can book your time dining reservation and enjoy your meal at your preferred place and time with ease.
So, let’s dig in and find out how you can book my time dining reservation on Royal Caribbean.
1- Using Cruise Planner
While reserving your cruise, you can choose between “my time and traditional” dining.
So, after depositing, you will get access to the cruise planner, where you can choose your dining time, drinks, and much more.
- To book your “my time” dining initiates the process by logging into your cruise planner.
- Once logged in, get access to the dining tab.
- Here you need to find the “my time dining” option. If you can’t see it, scroll; it will be at the bottom.
- Right from there, you will make each night’s dining reservation.
- Additionally, if you plan to have “my time dining” for more than one day, you must do this separately for each and add them to the cart one by one.
That’s it! This is how you can make your time dining reservation through a cruise planner.
Related Post: How Much Is WiFi On Royal Caribbean?
2- Onboard Reservation
Suppose you were not aware of these dining reservation options of Royal Caribbean, so you just chose traditional dining. But, now you don’t want to eat in the main dining room.
Don’t worry. Here is another way to book your “my time dining” reservation which is on board.
- All you need to do is speak with the head waiter for further assistance.
- They would assist you with another best time, table, or dinner.
- However, one thing you must be assured of is that you may have a few meal options.
Among all, if you are unsure about your meal timing and don’t know when you will eat. The simplest way is to show up in the main dining room whenever needed.
But doing this in peak hours, you have to wait for a minimum of 30 to 40 minutes so the table gets free or they might assist you in a better place.
How to Make Specialty Restaurant Reservation on Royal Caribbean?
Among the variety of dining reservations on the Royal Caribbean, another variety is specialty restaurant choices. Like my time dining, you can also make advance or board reservations for specialty restaurants.
Don’t worry. We will walk you through the process so that you can make hassle-free dining reservations on Royal Caribbean.
Related Post: Is Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Worth It?
1- Using Cruise Planner
That’s why if you are willing to make the specialty restaurant reservation right after you reach the minimum days limit, you can’t expect to do it.
So, all you have to do is;
- Go to the Royal Caribbean website and log in to my cruise section using your credentials.
- Next, find the reservation number and click on it.
- Further, a page will appear where you need to go to the cruise planner.
- A dining menu will appear at the top of the page, where you can find more about the different restaurants and their pricing plans.
- Select your desired restaurant and menu and click add to cart.
- Before you finish adding to the cart, you have to choose the guests that will join you at that dinner.
- The process of adding the guests is straightforward. So, to add a specific person to the reservation, click on each guest’s name.
- Once you are done, select the date and time, and finish the checkout process.
2- Onboard Reservation
If you have less than 4 days left in sailing the board, but you still want to book a specialty restaurant. What else would you do?
No worries, you can still make an onboard reservation.
The process is straightforward. You can easily make onboard reservations via
- Guest Service
- The smartphone apps of Royal Caribbean, just like Royal IQ
- Going to any specialty restaurants.
So you won’t have to worry anymore. It’s still possible, but you may have to take multiple tries.
What Else Do You Need to Know Before Making a Reservation?
Here are a few essential things you must know before making my time or specialty restaurant reservation on Royal Caribbean.
- If you want to cancel the “my time dining” reservation, you must cancel each one separately.
- Further, if you have a travel team or more than one member with you, you can still make my time dining reservations for them according to their preferred time.
- If you book specialty restaurant reservations, you must know that online cruise plans are fully refundable.
- Further, changing dates, timing, or even canceling specialty restaurant dining is effortless.
- Sometimes, there might be no set number of days for prior booking of specialty restaurants, so you must keep checking.
All these will help you to make a better decision and convenient dining experience.
The Bottom Line
To wrap up, making a dining reservation on the Royal Caribbean is super easy. All you need is to be careful about the timings and necessary information.
With that, it doesn’t matter whether you are booking my time or a specialty restaurant reservation. You must book your seating in advance using a cruise planner. However, if you didn’t for any reason, then speaking with the head waiter has your solution.
Hopefully, this guide has created some value in yours. If you have any further queries, write in the comment section; we would love to be there.
Related Post: Royal Caribbean Refreshment Package
I am Zoe Grace, a passionate enthusiast of cruise ships. With a decade of firsthand experience in the cruising industry, I have developed a deep understanding of the intricacies and wonders that these majestic vessels hold.
Now, I am excited to embark on a new journey as an author, sharing my knowledge and insights with readers who share my fascination for the world of cruising.
Join me as we explore the captivating world of cruise ships together.